Where is The Shri Ram Universal School located? It is located in outskirts of Jammu in Jhak. The School is housed in a building that emanates an aura of positivity and joy. With an infrastructure that is designed to provide free and open spaces for learning, the school uses BALA (Building as a Learning Aid) to enrich and enhance children’s learning.What are the timings at school? Nursery & KG: 8.00 a.m. to 12.15 p.m. (Summer Timing) 8.30 a.m. to 12.45 p.m. (Winter Timing – December to March) UKG onwards: 8 am to 2.15 pm (Summer Timing) 8.30 am to 2.45 pm (Winter Timing – December to March)
- When does the school uniform change from summer to winter and vice-versa? There is no particular date on which the school uniform changes and the children can dress according to the weather and their own comfort.
- What does my child wear for his/her birthday? The children of junior school can wear casual clothes on their birthdays. However, if they are going on a field trip, it is suggested that they come in the school uniform and may wear their casual clothes on another day with prior permission. They can carry two kinds of simple chocolates for their friends and teachers. Senior school children must come in uniform on their birthdays. No elaborate birthday celebrations, such as carrying cake to be cut in class or expensive gifts, are encouraged on campus. However they can donate a library book, material to the community outreach service at school or a sapling.
- How will the child reach the school bus at the time of dispersal? How is it ensured that the child is handed over to the right person at the time of de-boarding? The Safety and Security of our children is a priority at TSUS. Children are never left unattended and support staff and teachers are on duty to ensure that children board and disembark from the school vehicles safely. Transport registers document the attendance both in the morning and in the afternoons. Photo ID cards are issued to the parent/guardian and these need to be produced when the child is handed over at the pickup point each day. Bus log books are maintained and are updated on a daily basis. In Elementary and Junior School, the teacher escorts the children during dispersal – to ensure that the child boards the right bus.
- Do you provide School transport? Yes, we do. We are providing transport up to 15 kilometres within the school’s radius. The buses and vans are air conditioned and there is one Nanny + Guard in each bus to ensure the child’s safety. Teachers will escort them to school transporatation .
- How is the safety of the child ensured at TSUS? The entire school is covered with CCTV cameras and all gates are manned by security guards. All systems and processes are in place to ensure the safety of the child in the school premises and while in the school building.
- What steps does the school take to ensure proper hygiene? The school has trained housekeeping staff under an effective supervisor. Frequent inspection by the administrator and the supervisor ensures a clean environment. Support staff is regularly trained in hygiene. The campuses have RO systems with water coolers to provide safe and clean drinking water. The quality of the water supply is monitored carefully throughout the year.
- What are the medical facilities provided at TSUS?
Healthcare facilities are available in the school medical room which functions under the guidance of a full-time, experienced nurse. The medical room is fully equipped to give first aid in case of any emergency. The health centre of the school organizes regular medical check ups for staff and students. It also organizes awareness camps on various health problems. Regular check ups maximize our chances of remaining in good health for years to come.
To name a few camps we have –
- General Health Check-up
- ENT check-up
- EYE check-up
- Dental check-up
- Anemia detection
- Which Curriculum pattern is followed at TSUS? We follow the CBSE curriculum or pattern and follow the “Shri” teaching learning methodology, which is integrated by Shri Educare Limited.
- What type of teaching methodology is followed in the elementary school? We follow the Shri methodology which takes care of the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of the children – facilitating the learning process. All our teachers are trained rigorously to understand and bring out the best in each child.
- What are the differentiating features of TSUS? What are the teaching and learning methodologies adopted by the school? To ensure that every child imbibes the school’s Five Core Values – Sensitivity, Integrity, Responsibility for Pursuit of Excellence and pride in heritage, Shri Differentiators are integrated into the learning process. The Differentiators are Circle Time, DEAR, DEED, the community outreach programme, Form Mornings, Run for Fun, Shri Khel, Shri Vaad Vivaad, Shri Tech, EQUBE – the Life Education Programme, Writer’s Workshop and Research and Referral.
- What is the process of evaluating the academic performance of the children? There is no formal assessment till Grade – 4, the ongoing evaluation system focuses on Application, Understanding and Effort, ensuring that Higher Order Thinking Skills are developed in the children. A record of academic progress, cognitive and physical development of the children of all the classes is maintained by the teachers. These are shared periodically with parents and strategies for enhancing the child’s abilities are designed.
- What is the student teacher ratio? At TSUS, for a healthy interaction in the class, the student teacher ratio never goes above 1:10. This helps in creating a close bond between the teacher and the student.
- What are the co-scholastic activities offered at The Shri Ram Universal School? Co-scholastic activities, designed to be learning, leadership and fun opportunities, form a part of the calendar throughout the year. They encompass performing arts, fine arts, literary and creative writing pursuits, sports, environment, science, heritage, interacting with achievers and role models.
- Is there an emphasis on academics or co-curricular activities? In keeping with the belief in providing varied learning opportunities, drawing forth all kinds of potential and acknowledging and cultivating diverse strengths to take education beyond books, the curriculum at The Shri Ram Universal School is structured to include both pursuits of academic excellence to the best of one’s ability and co-curricular activities in various fields for a holistic development. Every child can dream and follow that dream, with the school and faculty acting as facilitator and guide to channel aspirations and abilities.
- What sports facilities do you offer? Sports is taken seriously at The Shri Ram Universal School, Jammu and there are inter – school as well as intra – school tournaments. Our campus has open spaces for play and structured physical education classes. Trained and experienced physical educators will ensure that the children participate in age appropriate sports and exercises.TSUS offers skating, basketball, cricket and yoga. An ambitious sports program with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities is also in the pipeline at our campus.The campus has a basketball court, skating rink, field for cricket, Indoor sports room and soft gym.
- What is the process of getting admission into TSUS? There are no admission tests conducted, although children seeking admission to Grade II and above are given a worksheet to complete, which is primarily to check if they have the Minimum Level Competency (MLC) for the grade they are seeking admission to. This worksheet enables the school to identify any gaps in learning that the child may have and ensure that these are addressed once he/she is admitted. Forms for the new academic session will be available in the month of August, 2017.
- What is the age criterion for admission? The Age Criteria for admission are as follows, (the cut-off date for age to be calculated as on 31st March) Pre- Nursery 2.6 yrs- 3.6 yrs Nursery: 3.6 yrs – 4.6 yrs K.G: 4.6 yrs – 5.6 yrs For primary classes the child to be admitted, needs to produce a Transfer Certificate from the previous school. This only refers to Grade 2 and above.
- What are the formalities for admission in the middle of the session? If the parent is transferred from another state, he has to obtain the original mark sheet/report card and Transfer Certificate from the previous school before taking admission. The Transfer Certificate has to be attested by the concerned Educational Board Authorities.
- Will the school get upgraded each year? Yes, the school will certainly upgrade each year. It will commence in April 2018 with classes till Grade V and by adding one / two grades each year, will have classes till Grade – XII eventually.
- Is there a policy for offering admissions to siblings of students in school? We give preference to siblings of students already in the school. In such a case, siblings automatically move to the top of their respective category in the waiting list.
What is the connection between Shri Educare Limited and The Shri Ram Universal School ? Shri Educare Limited (SEL) was set up by the Arun Bharat Ram family in 2008, formed out of the commitment to expand the reach of quality education. It is essentially engaged in setting up schools (Pre-school, K12) in India and abroad, providing ERP solutions to schools, undertaking education consultancy and coaching students to prepare them for CBSE and AIEEE examinations. Shri Educare Limited (SEL) and Vedant Educational Trust have signed an agreement with the aim of jointly facilitating the setting up of TSUS at Jammu. The Shri Ram Universal School (TSUS) will imbibe the core ideals enshrined in the pedagogical philosophy of The Shri Ram Schools (TSRS). Other TSUS set up in the country include those at Hyderabad ,Rohtak, Palava – Navi Mumbai, Noida and Hissar.
- Can I view my child’s progress online? How does the school share news and information with parents regarding bus timings, school timings and other updates? Yes, you can view your child’s progress online through our Parent Portal on Shri Connect, which is the school’s ERP; once the child is registered, the parents are given login credentials so that all communication from school and happenings at school can be viewed by parents. Progress Reports of the child are uploaded post the Open Day as well. The change in time/holiday or any other unplanned changes shall be notified through phone call and sms. All other updates and circulars will be notified through diary note and are also uploaded on Shri Connect Parent Portal.
- Do you encourage parents to participate in school functions and activities? Yes, we do encourage the parents to actively get involved in the school functions, celebrations and various activities like Mad About Colours, Mad About Books, Mad About Culture and Mad About Science and other events include Run for Fun, Shri Pratibimb, Form Mornings. The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) which will be formed by the end of the first year will meet periodically to discuss the infrastructural and academic issues of the school. Suggestions are taken seriously and solutions incorporated. Parents are also encouraged to volunteer for and work with the school in holding workshops, escorting students for trips and taking the initiative for any other program they feel fit.
- How often do you have Parent Educator Conferences? Parent Educator Conferences will be held once in every quarter. The parent can meet the Principal with prior appointment to discuss any concerns they may have. Walk – In Times are scheduled once a month in case the parents want to meet the Teachers to discuss their child’s progress at school.
- What are the criteria for the selection of Shri educators? Recruitment of teachers happen in an intensive manner where the Shri Educare Team is also involved. We look for NTT (Montessori trained) for Pre-primary & Graduate with B.Ed. teachers from grade -1 onwards and they are trained by the Shri Educare team. We provide generic as well as domain related trainings to teachers. Fine Motor, Phonics, Teaching Math through manipulatives, Child development are some of the training programs that we do.
- How are parents informed about the progress of their child? There are regular Parent Teacher Meetings held in school. While formal report cards are given twice a year, a system of non-reporting Parent Teacher Meets is also followed with prior appointment.